Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although the original of this recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals, it's been tweaked to be strictly vegetarian! Preparation time does not include time needed for hot veggies to cool before blending or for prepared soup to chill before serving!
- 680.38 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed (about 3 cups)
- 411.06 g can vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml fat-free evaporated milk
- 44.37 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine squash, broth, carrots, onion & salt, then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover & simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender, then remove from heat & cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree vegetable mixture in batches, then transfer to a bowl & stir in milk.
- Cover & chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, garnish with a small dollop of sour cream, slightly swirled into the soup.
Clean, simple, perfection. I have a tendancy to like a lot of spice in my food, but this simple soup really emphasizes the squash and carrot flavours. Made for PRMR Tag.