1/1 Photo of Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup
Sydney Mike's Note:
Although the original of this recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals, it's been tweaked to be strictly vegetarian! Preparation time does not include time needed for hot veggies to cool before blending or for prepared soup to chill before serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine squash, broth, carrots, onion & salt, then bring to boil.
- 2Reduce heat, cover & simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender, then remove from heat & cool.
- 3In a blender or food processor, puree vegetable mixture in batches, then transfer to a bowl & stir in milk.
- 4Cover & chill until ready to serve.
- 5When ready to serve, garnish with a small dollop of sour cream, slightly swirled into the soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 215.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g