This is an adapted Mollie Katzen recipe from her website that will be perfect for those hot summer evenings. Preparation time does not include time spend in the refrigerator chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 5 cups water or 5 cups broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 2 cups leeks, well cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- white pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill (to garnish)
- 1Bring the potatoes, broth or water, and salt to a boil in a soup pot; turn down and simmer slowly for about 20 minutes.
- 2Add the leeks, garlic and spinach during the last 5 minutes.
- 3Use a food processor or hand blender to puree the soup and all the veggies until smooth. You will probably have to do this in batches in the processor.
- 4Transfer the soup to a container, cover tightly and chill for about 4-5 hours or overnight.
- 5Stir in the buttermilk just before serving and add white pepper to taste.
- 6Sprinkle on the fresh dill for garnish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Spinach-Potato Soup With Buttermilk
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 781.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g