1/1 Photo of Chilled Sorrel Soup
4 hrs 15 mins
A tangy cold refreshing spring soup. Spinach may be used. Use young tender leaves of the sorrel.Cooking time does include chilling time. Can also be chilled overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 lb sorrel, steamed & chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream, light is good
- 1In a soup pot, bring the water, potatoes, dill & scallions to a medium boil & cook for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the chopped sorrel & lemon juice, salt, pepper & sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat & discard the dill sprigs.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the cold water till light.
- 4Very slowly pour 2 cups of the hot stock.
- 5into the egg mixture, stirring constantly to prevent curdling. Then pour egg mixture back into the soup pot, stirring thoroughly.
- 6Chill until very cold, at least 3 hours.
- 7Just before serving, whisk in the sour cream & garnish with dill. Top with cucumbers.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Sorrel Soup
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: