Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This tasty appetizer could not be easier to prepare ahead to have ready for when your guests arrive. Easy and delicious, you will love this!
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and shelled with tail left on
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, such as sriracha
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan; add shrimp, cook 1 minute or until shrimps are just cooked through.
- Drain well and chill in a large bowl filled with ice water.
- When chilled, drain and pat dry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For sauce, combine remaining ingredients, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss shrimp with sauce and arrange on a serving platter.
Took this to a BBQ yesterday and got rave reviews plus a recipe request. Great recipe; thanks for posting!
Took this to a neighborhood block party today and got rave reviews!!
I added chopped mango to stretch it out and took the tails off the shrimp to make it easier to eat while holding a drink.
There aren't enough stars to do justice to this recipe. It is a wonderful slternative to the standard shrimp cocktail. It's a subtle blend of great flavors. It is an easy one to take to parties or potlucks. Just bring the cooked shrimp and the sauce in separate containers and mix together before serving. Thank you for posting this outstanding recipe, Hey Jude!