Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 54 mins
Cook 17 mins
This protein-rich dish virtually swims in antioxidants and niacin, which keeps skin healthy.
Make and share this Chilled Shrimp Salad from Self Magazine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon (juice & rind)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp (tail intact)
- 4 lbs watermelon (cut into cubes, close to the rind)
- 1 lb heirloom tomato (cut into wedges)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (torn)
- For Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender.
- For Salad: Fill a 4-qt. saucepan w/water & bring to a boil; add lemon juice, lemon rind, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns & salt. Add shrimp, cover, remove from heat & let stand until shrimp is cooked, about 15 minute Drain & cool 10 min, then refrigerate 30 minute.
- Line a large platter w/watermelon & tomatoes; top w/shrimp, feta & basil. Drizzle w/dressing.