1/2 Photos of Chilled Shrimp and Fruit Curry
Witch Doctor's Note:
Everyone looks forward to lunch. The energy supplied by the food prevents the mid-afternoon droops. And, the mental and social break revives the enthusiam for the rest of the day's activities. Lunch can also provide some fun for the chef. This is the time to improvise with leftovers stowed in the 'fridge, with glorious salad ingredients, and with all kinds of quick and packaged breads. This colorful Chilled Shrimp and Fruit Curry could also be a refreshing supper entree on a hot summer day. Serve it with toasted French bread if you don't feel like baking. Serve with a crisp chocolate wafer or vanilla cookie with coffee ice cream and a splash of Kahlua for dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head medium iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and chilled
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 5 medium plums, seeded and sliced
- 2 medium nectarines, seeded and sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
For the Curry Dressing
- 1Place lettuce on a large platter.
- 2Combine shrimp, chopped nectarines, and plums in a large mixing bowl. Spoon shrimp mixture onto center of lettuce.
- 3Arrange nectarine slices and pineapple around edge of platter. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- 4Serve with the Curry Dressing.
- 5For the Curry Dressing:.
- 6Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 7Yield: 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Shrimp and Fruit Curry
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 247.9 mg
- Sodium 348.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 34.4 g