Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a great summer salad. Lovely served with fresh fruit and crusty bread. Easy recipe to double. Use more or less shrimp your preference.
Top Review by Chef PotPie
Rich, creamy, and delicious! We really liked this salad. It is so different and refreshing. The dressing is wonderful. My husband is an avacado fan, and I'm not so much, but we both enjoyed it! I will make this again. ZWT 7 - Shady Ladies
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ginger, candied,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 eggs, hard boiled,chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 shrimp, jumbo,cooked
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 head lettuce, small
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend mayonnaise into a bowl with the ginger, lemon juice, curry powder, eggs and green onions.
- Add salt and pepper to dressing, cover and refrigerate over night.
- When you are ready, peel the shrimp.
- Peel and slice the avocado and cucumber.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves and cucumber on plate.
- Spoon the dressing over top of the shrimp and avocado and add to lettuce and cucumber.