This is a great summer salad. Lovely served with fresh fruit and crusty bread. Easy recipe to double. Use more or less shrimp your preference.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ginger, candied,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 eggs, hard boiled,chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 shrimp, jumbo,cooked
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 head lettuce, small
- Blend mayonnaise into a bowl with the ginger, lemon juice, curry powder, eggs and green onions.
- Add salt and pepper to dressing, cover and refrigerate over night.
- When you are ready, peel the shrimp.
- Peel and slice the avocado and cucumber.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves and cucumber on plate.
- Spoon the dressing over top of the shrimp and avocado and add to lettuce and cucumber.
Rich, creamy, and delicious! We really liked this salad. It is so different and refreshing. The dressing is wonderful. My husband is an avacado fan, and I'm not so much, but we both enjoyed it! I will make this again. ZWT 7 - Shady Ladies
This salad was really good. I used romane lettuce that was chopped and small salad shrimp (that's what I had on hand). I also chopped up the avocado and the cucumber and added some chopped roma tomatoes. The dressing is what makes this salad stand out above the rest. I loved the asian flavor and will be making this again. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.
My DH was so impressed by the presentation on this (I also included fresh sliced tomatoes) and I loved the dressing though I added cumin and oregano for a Mexican flavor in place of the ginger and curry. It made a great light dinner and would be very refreshing in the summer!