This is a great summer salad. Lovely served with fresh fruit and crusty bread. Easy recipe to double. Use more or less shrimp your preference.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ginger, candied,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 eggs, hard boiled,chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 shrimp, jumbo,cooked
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 head lettuce, small
- Blend mayonnaise into a bowl with the ginger, lemon juice, curry powder, eggs and green onions.
- Add salt and pepper to dressing, cover and refrigerate over night.
- When you are ready, peel the shrimp.
- Peel and slice the avocado and cucumber.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves and cucumber on plate.
- Spoon the dressing over top of the shrimp and avocado and add to lettuce and cucumber.