Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
A very flavorable salad from the National Onion Association.
- 4 (566.99 g) skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml dry white wine (or 1/4 cup each lemon juice and water)
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml orange peel, grated
- 4.92 ml lime zest, grated
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 946.36 ml mixed dark leafy salad greens
- fresh dill sprigs or parsley
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Portion red onion onto salmon filets and press on evenly with back of spoon.
- Pour wine into 10-inch skillet and heat until bubbling at the edges. Set salmon in wine, return liquid to a gentle boil and cover. Let cook gently without turning for 6 or 7 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and topping is rosy. Chill fish and liquid.
- For Orange Citrus Onions: Heat oil in a large skillet, add yellow onions and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until golden. Remove from heat and mix in orange and lime zest and orange juice. Cover and chill.
- To serve, portion lettuce onto 4 plates. Top with salmon filets. Lift onions from liquid with slotted spoon or fork and top salmon. Spoon juice from onions over salmon and lettuce. Garnish with dill or parsley.