A very flavorable salad from the National Onion Association.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or 1/4 cup each lemon juice and water)
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 cups mixed dark leafy salad greens
- fresh dill sprigs or parsley
- 1Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Portion red onion onto salmon filets and press on evenly with back of spoon.
- 2Pour wine into 10-inch skillet and heat until bubbling at the edges. Set salmon in wine, return liquid to a gentle boil and cover. Let cook gently without turning for 6 or 7 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and topping is rosy. Chill fish and liquid.
- 3For Orange Citrus Onions: Heat oil in a large skillet, add yellow onions and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until golden. Remove from heat and mix in orange and lime zest and orange juice. Cover and chill.
- 4To serve, portion lettuce onto 4 plates. Top with salmon filets. Lift onions from liquid with slotted spoon or fork and top salmon. Spoon juice from onions over salmon and lettuce. Garnish with dill or parsley.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Salmon Salad With Orange Citrus Onions
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: