Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This tea will keep in the fridge for up to two days. Don't drink this tea of you are breastfeeding. Prep time is chilling time.
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh sage or 29.58 ml dried sage
- 29.58 ml fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 14.79 ml chopped of fresh mint or 4.92 ml dried mint tea leaves
- 4.92 ml finely grated lemon rind
- 1250.0 ml boiling water
- honey, to taste
- ice cube, to serve
- mint leaf, extra, to serve
- Place the sage, fennel seeds, mint and lemon rind in a large teapot or plunger. Add the boiling water and cover with a lid. Set aside for 15 minutes to infuse.
- Strain into a jug and stir in honey to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Place ice cubes and a few mint leaves in serving glasses and pour over the chilled tea to serve.
I really enjoyed this chilled herb tea Sonya. I used fresh sage & mint from my garden, a meyer lemon and orange blossom honey. Boy was this excellent. I couldn't ask for anything better, it was ice cold and had a really lovely flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this treat, that I will enjoy often. What a great swap partner you are. :)
A very nice tasting tea that I enjoyed sipping on throughout the day! I used dried mint and dried sage. So healthy and good for you! Thanks Sonya! Made for the Australian Recipe Swap.