Recipe by Sonya01
This tea will keep in the fridge for up to two days. Don't drink this tea of you are breastfeeding. Prep time is chilling time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I really enjoyed this chilled herb tea Sonya. I used fresh sage & mint from my garden, a meyer lemon and orange blossom honey. Boy was this excellent. I couldn't ask for anything better, it was ice cold and had a really lovely flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this treat, that I will enjoy often. What a great swap partner you are. :)
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh sage or 29.58 ml dried sage
- 29.58 ml fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 14.79 ml chopped of fresh mint or 4.92 ml dried mint tea leaves
- 4.92 ml finely grated lemon rind
- 1250.0 ml boiling water
- honey, to taste
- ice cube, to serve
- mint leaf, extra, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sage, fennel seeds, mint and lemon rind in a large teapot or plunger. Add the boiling water and cover with a lid. Set aside for 15 minutes to infuse.
- Strain into a jug and stir in honey to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Place ice cubes and a few mint leaves in serving glasses and pour over the chilled tea to serve.