Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chill time is not estimated in for this soup.
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups sour cream
- Cook rhubarb, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup water over medium heat until rhubarb is very tender and mixture starts to thicken.
- Set aside.
- In another saucepan mix strawberries and cinnamon.
- Blend together the cornstarch and the 1/4 cup water and add to strawberries.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add to rhubarb mixture.
- Blend together milk and sour cream and stir into rhubarb and strawberry mixture before serving.