Recipe by love4culinary
This is a fabulous summer-time soup for the on-the-go individual! Its so easy! Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by kolibri
This was surprisingly complicated recipe - I've never roasted peppers before (although I've seen it done) so that was a new experience. I added in some garlic cloves in too, but should have put in a lot more as the taste is quite mild. The soup is very sweet from the peppers, and I served it with some fat-free natural yoghurt. I think this would make a good dip too - just add some halopenjos.
- 3 lbs red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler or heat your grill to high and broil or grill your peppers and onion slices for 12 minutes or until pepper skins are blackened and onions are tender.
- Place peppers in a plastic bag and seal and allow them to sit for 15 minutes to steam.
- Chop onion slices.
- Peel peppers and chop.
- In a medium sized pot, saute onions and peppers in olive oil for 5 mins, add broth and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour into a food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 cup pesto and chill.
- Divide soup among four bowls and swirl 1 Tablespoon pesto into each bowl.