Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An elegant, but very easy French dessert. A perfect ending to a night of fine dinning. Your guests will be impressed. Note: cooking time is time spent in the refrigerator, but I won't tell.
- Set a few berries aside for decoration and pulse the rest in a food processor. You're looking for a consistency between chopped and puree.
- Whip heavy cream till you get peaks.
- Transfer berries to a bowl and fold in the sugar, then the whipped cream reserving a little for garnish later.
- Cut a two inch wide strip of parchment paper and tape it to a stemmed glass so as to make a collar that increases the depth of the glass by about 3/4 inch.
- Spoon in the raspberry mixture till level with the top of the paper.
- Chill in a cold refrigerator for several hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the paper. The souffle should be above the rim of the glass. Top the soufflé with a dollop of whipped cream and place a couple of the reserved berries on top.