Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great fish dish for warm summer nights.
- 1 lb haddock fillet, frozen
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- celery leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut frozen block of fish into 8 pieces.
- In large sauce pan, combine all ingredients except fish, and bring to a boil.
- Add fish and return to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove fish pieces to a shallow dish and strain the cooking liquid through a sieve over fish.
- Refrigerate fish till cold.
- To serve, place fish in lettuce leaves and serve with Lemon wedges.