Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in a Martha Stewart magazine and it's so easy and good too. Just remember to start the day before you want it as it has to sit over night. That's OK with me as it's nice to have a pleasant breakfast waiting in the morning. The cook time does not include overnight chilling
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 plum, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, 3/4 cup each almond milk and water and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer until oats are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; let cool slightly.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup almond milk and 1 teaspoon maple syrup; chill overnight.
- Toss plum, remaining 1 teaspoon maple syrup and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve oatmeal topped with fruit and accumulated juices.