Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 peaches
- 8 maraschino cherries
- whipped cream
- Cook milk and sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk eggs to combine in mixing bowl.
- Pour 1 cup hot milk-sugar mixture over eggs, stirring.
- Return to saucepan and stir over low heat until custard thickens, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Remove from stove, strain into bowl, cover with plastic wrap so wrap touches surface of custard and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut shallow"X" in bottom of each peach and carefully immerse in large pot of boiling water.
- After 15 seconds, remove 1 and try to pull peel back.
- If it comes away easily, remove peaches and rinse under cold water before peeling.
- Cut peaches in half, remove pits and place cherry in center of each half.
- Dip each peach into chilled custard and chill 30 minutes.
- Place 2 peach halves on each of 4 dessert plates, pour remaining custard around peaches and top with whipped cream.