Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from A Platter of Figs and Other Recipes, by David Tanis
- 8 ripe peaches, washed well and rubbed dry (white or yellow, or a mixture)
- 4 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine
- Slice the peaches thinly. Combine the peaches and sugar, and toss gently to mix.
- Add the wine, and toss gently again.
- Taste, and adjust sugar as needed. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours - or up to a few days, if you want.
- Serve the peaches cold, in a glass or shallow bowl, with a small ladleful of their liquid. Eat the peaches with a fork and then drink the liquid left in the glass.