Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Refreshing during hot weather. Overripe peaches may be used.
Make and share this Chilled Peach Soup With Riesling recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, combine the Riesling, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Add the peaches, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the orange and lemon slices. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, orange and lemon slices from the soup.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor (in small batches). Strain.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- When the soup is chilled, add the cream and lemon juice.
Although I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, I followed the ingredient list, but did dice the peaches, & then DIDN'T strain the soup but left it as blended (Rustic, I call it!) & that worked for us! I do love fruit soups, & your recipe is certainly a keeper! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]