Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Refreshing during hot weather. Overripe peaches may be used.
Make and share this Chilled Peach Soup With Riesling recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, combine the Riesling, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Add the peaches, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the orange and lemon slices. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, orange and lemon slices from the soup.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor (in small batches). Strain.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- When the soup is chilled, add the cream and lemon juice.
Although I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, I followed the ingredient list, but did dice the peaches, & then DIDN'T strain the soup but left it as blended (Rustic, I call it!) & that worked for us! I do love fruit soups, & your recipe is certainly a keeper! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]