Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Refreshing during hot weather. Overripe peaches may be used.
- 2 (750 ml) bottles riesling wine
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 peaches, peeled and stoned
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the Riesling, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Add the peaches, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the orange and lemon slices. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, orange and lemon slices from the soup.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor (in small batches). Strain.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- When the soup is chilled, add the cream and lemon juice.
Although I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, I followed the ingredient list, but did dice the peaches, & then DIDN'T strain the soup but left it as blended (Rustic, I call it!) & that worked for us! I do love fruit soups, & your recipe is certainly a keeper! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]