Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
Originally this recipe, which came from a Gourmet magazine, called for peaches. Because I had not purchased enough peaches I substituted nectarines and since then that is the way I make it. Very refreshing in the summer and even men (who normally do not like cold soup) seem to enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree fruit with 1/2 cup of the juice.
- 2Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups orange juice.
- 4Puree pineapple with 1/4 cup reserved juice and stir into fruit puree.
- 5Whisk in ginger, sour cream and enough of the remaining pineapple juice to thin the soup.
- 6Stir in confectioners' sugar if you want it sweeter.
- 7Chill several hours until very cold.
- 8Serve garnished with mint and reserved fruit slices.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Peach and Nectarine Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 18.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g