Recipe by waynejohn1234
Originally this recipe, which came from a Gourmet magazine, called for peaches. Because I had not purchased enough peaches I substituted nectarines and since then that is the way I make it. Very refreshing in the summer and even men (who normally do not like cold soup) seem to enjoy it.
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 5 nectarines, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple chunk, canned and drained
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, that was drained from the can
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or equivalent in fresh)
- 1 cup sour cream
- mint sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree fruit with 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups orange juice.
- Puree pineapple with 1/4 cup reserved juice and stir into fruit puree.
- Whisk in ginger, sour cream and enough of the remaining pineapple juice to thin the soup.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Chill several hours until very cold.
- Serve garnished with mint and reserved fruit slices.