Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This pea salad is delicious! I have made this with frozen peas also. Please make certain to steam the fresh peas not boil them, they have so much more flavor to them. The ingredients may be doubled. Prep time does not include steaming the peas.
- 10 ounces fresh peas (can use frozen also)
- 1⁄3 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 minced fresh garlic clove
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the peas (if you are using frozen peas just rinse in hot water, do not cook them).
- Plunge the peas in ice or very cold water; drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place in a bowl with the nuts, bacon, green onion, celery and toss with sour cream.
- In a small bowl, combine Ranch dressing, mustard and garlic, pour over the peas; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper (if using) to taste.
- Chill for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.