Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This looks like a simple elegant dessert.
- 1⁄3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 4 oranges
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup Curacao or 1⁄4 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- fresh raspberry (to garnish)
- Peel 4 oranges and cut in cartwheel slices.
- Arrange on individual dessert plates and chill.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, warm jam until it liquefies.
- Cool slightly, add liqueur and stir gently.
- Pour over orange slices.
- Sprinkle with almond.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
This is really delicious, I loved the flavor of orange and raspberry, and the crunch of the almonds. Yum.
I was very fortunate that my father was given a gift of a bottle of Curacao, before I even went shopping for it. This was such a good recipe, and I liked the blend of the liquer with the raspberries (both the jam and the fresh ones) with the almonds and the oranges. Although i do have to say that there are more oranges in the ingredient list then in the directions, so it would be nice if you can have them accounted for.