Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chilled soups make good summer eating.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs zucchini, sliced thin
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt, whisked until smooth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, washed well,spun dry,and chopped fine
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking and sauté one third of the zucchini, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Add remaining zucchini and water and simmer until zucchini is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool mixture slightly and in a blender puree in batches until smooth, transferring to a bowl.
- Stir in yoghurt, mint, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill soup, covered, at least until cold, about 6 hours, and up to 1 day (after that, it will lose its fresh taste).
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Very pleasant cold soup. I didn't have 6 hours so I put mine into the freezer for a while. Very easy to prepare. DH put a little chilli sauce in his. I', not usualy a big mint fan but this was enjoyable.