Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My version of mexican coffee on ice, I hope you will enjoy this drink.
- 1 cup brewed coffee, for ice cubes
- 1 cup brewed coffee, strong, chilled
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, finely ground
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream, large
- 1 ounce Kahlua, liquer
- whipped cream, garnish
- bittersweet chocolate, garnish
- 1 teaspoon chocolate, flaked (garnish)
- 2 coffee beans, chocolate, crushed (garnish)
- Pour one cup of coffee into ice cube tray and place in freezer until frozen.
- Mix the remaining cup of coffee with cayenne pepper and pour into a jar and chill in fridge, until the ice cubes are ready to use.
- Put three of the coffee ice cubes into blender, next add coffee, chocolate ice cream and Kahlua, puree until all the ice is crushed.
- If you prefer a thicker drink add more of the coffee ice cubes at this point until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with chocolate whipped cream and sprinkle with bittersweet flaked chocolate and crushed chocolate covered coffee beans.
Wow!!! Whats not to like about this wonderful treat?? I made this as written and it was perfect for this very hot and humid day. After my coffee brewed this morning, I put one cup in the fridge and filled about 6 ice cube spots and put in the freezer. With just a pinch of the cayenne, it wasn't too strong but still gave a little kick!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
YUM!!! We loved this recipe. It is perfect as written. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will use often.
5 Bright Stars . . . but what was I expecting, coffee, ice cream and Kahlua, there is no way to go wrong! We had this for dessert last night -- a perfect end to a meal on a warm summer evening! Thanks Kato for sharing. I don't have a regular ice cube tray so put the coffee in a ziplock and froze . . .think the ice cubes would be easier to work work with, so will have to get one just for this. Didn't really measure the Kahlua so I'm sure I used more than an ounce! Thanks Kato for sharing!