Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Enchanted Broccoli Forest Cookbook. Takes about 50 minutes to prepare and several hours to chill.
- 12 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chives or 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely minced, packed
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
- fresh thyme sprig, for garnish (optional)
- Place the mushrooms, onion, garlic, bay leaf, white wine, water, salt and pepper into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add all other ingredients, except lemon slices.
- Mix well and chill in the refrigerator until very cold.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh thyme sprigs if you like.