1/1 Photo of Chilled Mango Sago Pudding
Posted on request for a dessert similar to Hui Lau Shan (mango dessert popular in Hong Kong). The yield and prep/cook time is an estimation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil, add sago and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2Stir in sugar, mango nectar, evaporated milk and coconut cream.
- 3Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring once in a while to prevent sago and milk from burning.
- 4Simmer until liquid has almost evaporated.
- 5While still hot, stir in mangoes and scoop about 1/2 cup of the mixture into serving glasses/bowls and let cool.
- 6If you like you can puree the mixture slightly with a blender or stick-blender before scooping into individual bowls.
- 7Chill for several hours before serving, and serve with extra chopped mango if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Mango Sago Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 60.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: