1 hr 30 mins
Lentil soup isn't just for winter anymore! "Minestra Fredda di Lenticchie e Spinaci"...a chilled puree of lentil soup with spinach from The Lighter Side of Italy. You can use a rich veggie broth to make this a vegan soup, although you might want to increase the spices slightly if you do. (I tend to add a bit of rosemary) Best if made the day before so that the flavors can really mingle. Prep time does not include final chilling time. Keeps well in refrigerator for up to a week or in freezer for up to 3 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large stock pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion, celery, and garlic until limp.
- 2Add lentils and broth; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour or until lentils are tender.
- 4Cool slightly.
- 5Using blender, puree soup in batches; return to stock pot.
- 6Rinse spinach in colander and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- 7Add spinach to soup, stirring to combine completely.
- 8Place in non-reactive (glass or plastic) container and chill, covered, in refrigerator.
- 9Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Lentil Soup With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 312.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g