Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Just found this recipe in one of those grocery store little magazines and it looks so good. Wanted to save it here. Sounds like it would be a nice drink to enjoy on those warm summer days. Might even try it with some added rum for company. Preparation time does not include chill time
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was absolutely the best frozen drink I've had in a long time. I made one mistake and blended the grenadine with everything else, so it came out a little pink, thought I don't think it changed the flavor any. I loved the tangy lemon twist to this delightful drink and I know I will make this often. Yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Bonnie G #2. Made for Photo Tag Game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 teaspoons grenadine
- 4 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup water and sugar in small saucepan ovr medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. (this makes the syrup).
- Cook 1 minute, transfer mixture to bowl.
- Cool to room temperature; chill 1 hour.
- Combine remaining 1 cup water, sugar, syrup, sorbet, orange juice and lemon juice in blender container; puree.
- Pour 1 teaspoon grenadine into bottom of each of 4 glasses.
- Pour in sorbet mixture and garnish each with 1 lemon slice.
- Serve immediately.