Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just found this recipe in one of those grocery store little magazines and it looks so good. Wanted to save it here. Sounds like it would be a nice drink to enjoy on those warm summer days. Might even try it with some added rum for company. Preparation time does not include chill time
- Combine 1/2 cup water and sugar in small saucepan ovr medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. (this makes the syrup).
- Cook 1 minute, transfer mixture to bowl.
- Cool to room temperature; chill 1 hour.
- Combine remaining 1 cup water, sugar, syrup, sorbet, orange juice and lemon juice in blender container; puree.
- Pour 1 teaspoon grenadine into bottom of each of 4 glasses.
- Pour in sorbet mixture and garnish each with 1 lemon slice.
- Serve immediately.
This was absolutely the best frozen drink I've had in a long time. I made one mistake and blended the grenadine with everything else, so it came out a little pink, thought I don't think it changed the flavor any. I loved the tangy lemon twist to this delightful drink and I know I will make this often. Yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Bonnie G #2. Made for Photo Tag Game.