Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great salad for a large group of people.
Make and share this Chilled Hoisin Chicken Mein Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3785.0 ml water
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml ginger powder
- 44.37 ml onion and garlic powder
- 3 star anise
- 6 whole dried red chilies
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 29.58 ml red chili oil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml hoisin sauce
- 236.59 ml skippy super chunky peanut butter
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 907.18 g fettuccine pasta
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, minced (chinese parsley)
- 4 stalk green onions, minced
- 946.36 ml napa cabbage, shredded
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 236.59 ml green pepper, sliced
- 236.59 ml red pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly slice
- 236.59 ml red onion, thinly slice
- In a large stockpot add water, salt, ginger, garlic and onion powder, star anise and chili bring to a rolling boil. Add the chicken meat and return to a boil. Turn off the heat and let stand to 20 – 30 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts into a colander to drain. Cool to room temperature and hand shredded the chicken breasts.
- In a large stockpot fill 2/3 way up with water and bring to a rolling boil. Add 2 tbsp salt and stir around. Place in fettuccini noodles and bring to a boil to Al dente and drain into a colander. Run warm water over the fettuccini and drain; after 5 minutes or when the fettuccini feel dry to the touch pour into a large mixing bowl add peanut butter and blend well.
- Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, chili oil, sugar, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper. Blends well add in shredded chicken breasts, noodles, parsley, green onion, cabbage, carrot, red and green pepper, jalapeno pepper and red onion. Mix all items well and taste the mixture. Reseason to taste at this time. Place into the refrigerator overnight.