Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister and I put this refreshing soup together today as we were trying to use up some vegetables. It is so creamy and clean, pleasantly spicy from the radishes and the cabbage. The pepper is optional because it is already quite spicy as it is. This is very healthy, yet so yummy; feel free to add in cucumber, zucchini, or whatever you please! (Cooking time is optional chill time.)
- 1 large avocado
- 1⁄2 daikon radish, roughly chopped in large pieces
- 1 green cabbage leaf, torn
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Place all ingredients in your food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve with a spoonful of sour cream or plain yogurt on each bowl, or chill for later.
- (If all your ingredients are cold, there is no need to chill.).
Although I don't care much for avocado, especially when in slices on a burger, etc, I did find this soup very tasty! The only thing I changed was to reduce the amount of salt & then added 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper! Chilled soups are a nice change of pace! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]