Recipe by stephanierndos
This salad is great to make for a cookout or any dinner when the temperatures are balmy (such as it is where I live, in Southeast Georgia). Goes well with an Herb Grilled Fish or Chicken, even Burgers! If you have fresh herbs, such as the dill and chives in your herb garden, this is a great recipe to utilize what you have & the freshness of it, makes it even tastier.
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed & drained
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded medium to sharp cheddar cheese (I prefer the sharp)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 TBSP. Freshly chopped dill)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (more or less, depending on taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen peas into a colander in the sink & run under luke warm water over them until completely thawed, then drain thoroughly. Combine peas & chopped green onions (reserve about 1 tablespoons Of the dark green portion of the chopped green onion to dress salad with before serving).
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, pinch of sea salt, black pepper, dill weed, lemon juice, chives & hot sauce well. Add the sour cream mixture to the peas & onions, as well as adding the shredded cheese - mix until equally combined. Cover salad & refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Upon serving the salad, sprinkle a handful more of the cheese along with the remaining chopped green onion & serve. Recipe can be made a day prior to serving - serve well chilled.