Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is great to use up the green beans from your summer's crop, it is very good also! Plan ahead, this needs to chill for minimum of 5 hours. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- Steam beans until JUST crisp-tender (do not over cook, the texture should be firm not soft).
- Rinse/plunge in ice water or very cold water; drain very well.
- In a bowl combine oil, mustard, wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper (adjusting all ingredients to taste).
- In a large bowl place the beans and chopped onions.
- Pour the vinaigrette over, and toss well to combine.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 5 hours.
This has a nice flavor and stays nice a fresh for quite a long time. I didn't like that once refrigerated the vinaigrette kinda gelled which made it unappitizing. I used red onions. If I make it again I'll add some herbs like oregano. Made for Zaar Tag.