Recipe by Mirj
The lighter side of potato salad, very light and easy on the waistline.
Top Review by Derf
Found some nice fresh green beans today, had been looking so I could try this salad. Cut the recipe in half and we will still be eating it for a couple of dinners and lunches!! Also used walla walla onions, they are so sweet this time of year, had to use dried dill, no fresh around yet, and used about half of the salad oil. It was a super duper potato salad! Good change from the usual. Thanks for posting Mirj, it's a keeper!
- 1 lb green beans, snipped
- 2 lbs red potatoes, halved
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool with cold water.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Cool and place in bowl with beans and peppers.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Toss gently and refrigerate for 1 hour.