Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This looks lovely, tastes great, and is easy to make---what else could you ask for??? Try it, you'll like it!!!!!!!
- 2 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- parsley sprig
- cherry tomatoes
- lemon wedge
- Steam the whole zucchinis for 6 minutes.
- Halve the zucchinis lengthwise and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Scoop out the center pulp and seeds leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Salt lightly, sprinkle with lemon juice, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the drained tuna in a small bowl and flake with a fork.
- Add the next nine ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the chilled zucchini with the tuna mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before ser- ving.
- Garnish the plate with the parsley sprigs, cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges.
I made two sets of these- one with extra cheese, without tuna, and one with the tuna. Both were really good! I also left out the olive oil in both recipes, and cut the mayo in half. I'll make these again. The ones with tuna would be a great for a whole, light meal and I think the ones without tuna would be a nice side for lamb. Yummy! Thanks Georgia Girl. (I'm from Georgia too, so I KNEW your recipe would be good!)