- 1 lb rhubarb, cleaned and cut into 2 1/2cm pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup caster sugar (surefine)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece fresh ginger, chopped
- grated, orange, juice and zest of
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with the water and sugar, add the cinnamon sticks and ginger and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Strain the rhubarb and set aside.
- Boil the cooking liquid to reduce until very syrupy.
- Add the orange zest and juice.
- Pour over the rhubarb and chill well before serving.