Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful soup for summer months. This recipe is from the Weekend magazine dated August 11th'06. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs beef steak tomatoes or 2 lbs plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated and peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Blend tomatoes, tomato juice, ginger, corriander, sugar, oil and 3 tbsps. lime juice in a blender.
- Puree on full speed until liquified.
- Pour into a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until cold(takes 1 hour).
- Check taste prior to serving.
- You may add cold water to thin it a bit.
- In a bowl, whisk together yoghurt and the remaining 1 tablespoons lime juice until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
- Add a dollop of yoghurt, if desired.
- Serve with toasted flatbread if you prefer.
Very easy to make, refreshing and delicious! Thanks for sharing.