A wonderful soup for summer months. This recipe is from the Weekend magazine dated August 11th'06. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef steak tomatoes or 2 lbs plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated and peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1Blend tomatoes, tomato juice, ginger, corriander, sugar, oil and 3 tbsps. lime juice in a blender.
- 2Puree on full speed until liquified.
- 3Pour into a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 4Refrigerate until cold(takes 1 hour).
- 5Check taste prior to serving.
- 6You may add cold water to thin it a bit.
- 7In a bowl, whisk together yoghurt and the remaining 1 tablespoons lime juice until smooth.
- 8Add salt and pepper to season.
- 9Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
- 10Add a dollop of yoghurt, if desired.
- 11Serve with toasted flatbread if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Fresh Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 275.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g