Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the New York Times
Make and share this Chilled English Pea-Mint Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups buttermilk (Homemade, if possible)
- 4 cups peas, shelled
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint
- In a medium saucepan, bring the buttermilk to a simmer and add 4 cups of peas and a large pinch of salt.
- Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Transfer mixture to a blender immediately with the mint leaves. Carefully blend for 60 seconds.
- In order to preserve the vibrant color, you must cool the soup immediately. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl that is resting inside another bowl of ice cubes and cold water. Stir continuously until it is cool - and you will notice that the soup becomes sweeter as it cools.
- Top soup with more fresh peas as a garnish and ground pepper.