Recipe by dusty AE
A very tasty way to use up cooked chicken or turkey or duck (or all 3 mixed) after Christmas (or any time). Very handy if it is hot. It may seem like a like of work but it's worth it. Chill time not counted
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup cream, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1cm cubes
- 125 g sultanas
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a fry pan and saute onion and celery for 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Quickly stir in tomato paste and cook lightly then add the wine, stock, seasonings, lemon juice.
- Simmer 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well and chill.
- Serve over lettuce leaves with salad accompaniments.