Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very tasty way to use up cooked chicken or turkey or duck (or all 3 mixed) after Christmas (or any time). Very handy if it is hot. It may seem like a like of work but it's worth it. Chill time not counted
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup cream, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1cm cubes
- 125 g sultanas
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oil in a fry pan and saute onion and celery for 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Quickly stir in tomato paste and cook lightly then add the wine, stock, seasonings, lemon juice.
- Simmer 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well and chill.
- Serve over lettuce leaves with salad accompaniments.
Very yummy chicken. Kept to the recipe except chilled the mixture over night and used some of the slivered almonds as garnish. Thank you dusty AE.