Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a lovely cold soup you can enjoy in this hot sunny weather!
Make and share this Chilled Dal Shorba recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 cup split pigeon peas
- white pepper
- fresh dill (to garnish)
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- Wash dal and cook in 3 cups water till done.
- Make a smooth puree.
- Heat butter.
- Add the chopped onion and fry gently till translucent.
- Do not brown the onion!
- Sprinkle the corn flour and contine to stir.
- Add lemon rind and dal puree.
- Keep stirring continously.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- When cool, add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Strain and chill well.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped dill before serving!