Recipe by Ilysse
This is a really nice soup. Perfect for a hot summer day. Got it from Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook. Cook time reflects chill time, but you should never trust my prep times anyway.
- 1 cup potato, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 cups white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (fat free is ok)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat potatoes, onion, broth, curry, garlic, and tomatoes to boiling in a saucepan.
- Stir frequently and break up tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and bring back to a boil.
- Stir in fish and reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours or until cool.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve chilled.