This is a really nice soup. Perfect for a hot summer day. Got it from Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook. Cook time reflects chill time, but you should never trust my prep times anyway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup potato, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1/2 cups white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (fat free is ok)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Heat potatoes, onion, broth, curry, garlic, and tomatoes to boiling in a saucepan.
- 2Stir frequently and break up tomatoes.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, uncovered.
- 4Place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Return to pot and bring back to a boil.
- 6Stir in fish and reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- 7Remove from heat and let cool.
- 8Cover and chill for 3 hours or until cool.
- 9Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 10Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Served Cold Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Served Cold Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Curried Seafood Soup
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 420.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white fish fillets