This recipe is slightly adapted from Celebrity Cruise Line's "Excite the Senses - A Culinary Journey with Celebrity Cruises" cookbook. I am a travel agent, and also write recipe reviews from cruise line's cookbooks on my company blog. I knew after tasting this one that I'd be doing it again and again! Not only is it healthy, but it also fulfilled my three E's of cooking: easy, elegant and economical. "Cook" time is minimum chilling time. I only use Greek yogurt, but feel free to use whatever you'd like.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, fresh and finely chopped
- 6 seedless European cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, loosely packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill weed, chopped
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional to drizzle)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender on high speed until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- To serve, garnish each bowl of soup with a dollop of yogurt, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprig of fresh dill.