Recipe by JustJanS
My favourite soup on a hot summers day-I just love this. The prep time doesn't include chilling which I think takes about 6 hours. The canned Asian chicken stock I used to use is no longer available, so Aussies note I now use the boxed liquid stuff.
Top Review by Chrissyo
We had this soup for lunch on Sunday. It is very refreshing and light. The combination of ingredients compliment each other perfectly. The thought of a yoghurt soup put my son off from tasting it at frist. BUT after that first sip he liked it. A great recipe Jan S. This recipe will be added to our summer collection of goodies.
- 2 1⁄2 cucumbers
- 300 ml greek natural yoghurt
- 300 ml quality chicken stock (we use a canned Asian style)
- 40 ml sour cream
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 12 large raw prawns, shells and heads removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- Peel and deseed cucmbers-cut 2 into dice, and blend with the yoghurt, stock, sour cream, Tabasco and mint.
- Chill until very cold.
- Peel and deseed the remaining 1/2 cucmber and cut into small thin matchsticks.
- Before serving, saute prawns in the oil until they turn pink.
- Sprinkle with the salt and serve them in the chilled soup immediately.
- Serve the soup garnished with the strips of cucumber.