Cucumber-melon is the current trend in bathing accessories, and now in food as well. This is a yummy, summery treat as an appetizer, light lunch with a nice sandwich or salad, or as part of a multi-course meal (or even as a dessert soup). Courtesy of Canadian Food Exporters Association http://www.cfea.com/Recipes/Chilled%20Cucumber%20and%20Melon%20Soup.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and sugar in saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil over medium high heat; stir in lime juice.
- 3Cool then chill.
- 4Working in batches, place watermelon in blender or food processor, cover and blend until smooth.
- 5Spoon off foam, if desired.
- 6Stir diced cucumber, and lime mixture into watermelon purée.
- 7Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 8Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Cucumber-Watermelon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g