Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cucumber-melon is the current trend in bathing accessories, and now in food as well. This is a yummy, summery treat as an appetizer, light lunch with a nice sandwich or salad, or as part of a multi-course meal (or even as a dessert soup). Courtesy of Canadian Food Exporters Association http://www.cfea.com/Recipes/Chilled%20Cucumber%20and%20Melon%20Soup.htm
- Combine water and sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat; stir in lime juice.
- Cool then chill.
- Working in batches, place watermelon in blender or food processor, cover and blend until smooth.
- Spoon off foam, if desired.
- Stir diced cucumber, and lime mixture into watermelon purée.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.