Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe came from Recipelink.com, submitted by Gladys/PR. I had to share this one, it's so good on a hot summer night!
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups leeks, white bulbs sliced, no green
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, large, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- salt and pepper
- Pour stock into large saucepan, add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, add leeks and onion and saute over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Either use an immersion blender after adding leek mixture to the liquids or in batches, combine vegetables and stock in the processor, add cucumbers and puree.
- Pour mixture into large bowl.
- Stir in cream, add nutmeg, salt and pepper, stir and chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve in soup bowls or wine glasses garnished with minced chives.