Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely cold soup for a Summer brunch or dinner. A light sandwich or salad goes well with this. This was a recipe that my grandmother passed down to all the girls in the family.
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cucumbers, peeled,seeded and chopped
- hot sauce
- parsley sprig, for pretty
- Blend the buttermilk and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the hot sauce if you use it and mix well.
- Add the peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- Garnish each bowl with parsley sprigs.