Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy! (Does not include chill time)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and finely chopped (about 3.5 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery leaves
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton golden onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt butter and cook flour over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add cucumbers, parsley and celery leaves. Reduce heat to low and cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in golden onion soup mix thoroughly blended with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- In food processor or blender, puree soup mixture. Stir in cream; chill. Serve cold and garnish, if desired, with cucumber slices and lemon peel.