Recipe by Steve P.
Cool hot weather treat. Courtesy Acres of Austria Bed and Breakfast Fryeburg, Maine
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper
- dark bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed cucumber.
- Cut slices in finger-thick chunks.
- Put in blender with other ingredients except dark bread.
- Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour before serving.
- Cut dark bread into cubes.
- Toast to croutons in a thick pan.
- Blend soup again before serving.
- Add croutons when serving.